Thursday, November 29, 2012

A caged birdy

Dear all,

The other day I made a tag for a person who found a new job. She lost her job a few months ago and felt like a caged bird not being able to find any work. So I was very happy to hear she starts her new position on December 10th. Of course this is another opportunity for me to make her a card.

I die cut a # 8 tag from pre printed paper. It is a ledger layout. I then stamped the swirls with embossing ink and covered them in dusty concord coloured distress embossing powder. I die cut the paper swirl, bird and cage from black card stock and covered them in embossing ink. I then dusted them with perfect pearls powder to give them some sheen. The swirl in purple, the bird in red and blue, and the cage in gold. I glued them on the tag and added some little paper roses to give it some elegance.
I then distressed the edges of the tag and inked them with walnut stain coloured distress ink.

Here you can see the shimmer on the purple swirl.

I tried to make the bird resemble a red robin. Black card stock works the best with pearlescent powders I think.
 
I hope she liked it.
 
 
Take care and until next time!!
 
Frederique

No comments:

Post a Comment