Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Frosty card

Hello again,

I am sure by now everybody has had enough of Christmas cards......but a few more and I will post regular projects again. Today I want to share a card I made using one of the new Tim Holtz seasonal blueprint stamps. They are so cute.

The background is dark blue card stock with a linen finish. I sprayed it using Perfect Pearls spray to give it some shine. The tag is stained with blue and silver coloured stains. The snowman image is stamped in Stãzon ink Jet Black. I let it dry and then covered the base of the tag with glue and dry Rock Candy Dry Stickles. When dry and in daylight it looks like frosted snow. Really beautiful. I traced the arms with brown liquid pearls. Same with the nose only in orange. The mouth and eyes are done in black pearls and the scarf I painted in with red liquid pearls. It gives it more dimension than regular paint. The holly on the hat is coloured with holly coloured and red stickles. On the background I dotted a bit of white liquid pearls as falling snow.
 
Here you can see the face, arms, scarf and hat better.
 
 
Here you can see the sheen from the Perfect pearls spray. The sentiment is stamped on a sentiment ticket by Tim and I attached it with tiny staples. But before that I laced a green and red ribbon through the hole of the tag and stapled it. The sentiment is stapled over the hole. I added a little "hand made" charm and in the side of the card I stamped the holly border and heat embossed it with embossing powder and again the berries made red with stickles. I cropped the corners with a corner chomper and that finished of the whole thing.
Frosty looks quite happy....
 
Until next time.
 
Frederique
 

No comments:

Post a Comment