Monday, June 10, 2013

first ever mixed media canvas

Dear blogger,

I have been dabbling in crafting now for a little while and wanted to try something new. So besides making cards and tags I decided to give mixed media canvasses a go.

Keep in mind this was my first attempt.

I started out with a blank canvas that was primed with gesso. I added some colour using distress inks and blending tools. Then I glued some tissue paper on it. I also used a bit of tissue tape. I cut the edges of the photo and the photo mat with craft scissors to give it a retro feel. The roses are made from paper I cut with a scallop edge and rolled them up to form the flower. The sentiment and flourishes I painted with crackle paint and glued it all together.

And voila, my first ever canvas....

I really liked doing this and I made a few more that I will post later on.

Take care and hopefully until next time.

Frederique

No comments:

Post a Comment