Follow by Email

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A grungy cupcake

Hello dear reader,

The other day a dear crafty friend of mine challenged me to make a card with a cupcake. I would get bonus credit if I made it grungy....
I stamped the cupcake on white card stock with embossing ink. I embossed it with Stampendous Frantage Shabby white embossing powder. I also sprinkled some on the rest of the paper. I heated it underneath to make sure the powder stayed put. I love the look of the frantage range.
After it cooled down I inked the card with old paper distress ink. Then I inked part of it with Brushed corduroy distress ink and finally with vintage photo, walnut stain and gathered twigs to get the "ombre" look. I added hints of colour with some adirondack acrylic paint. I stamped the sentiment on some other card stock amd cut it out and inked it with old paper distress ink and stuck it to the card with 3D foam. I distressed the edges and inked them with gathered twigs distress ink. Then stuck the whole thing on a beige card blank and this is the result....

Until next time, take care.

Frédérique xxx


Monday, August 18, 2014

Tag made with the droplets stamp from DesignsbyRyn

Hello there, how nice of you to drop by.

Today I want to share a little tag I made using my new DesignsbyRyn droplets stamp.
I inked the tag using the wrinkle free distress technique by Tim Holtz, one of my favourite techniques.
I then stamped the droplets in a darker blue ink. I coloured them in with tumbled glass distress ink and a waterbrush. After it all dried I added the highlights with a white gel pen and stamped and cut our the sentiment. I stuck it on the tag using 3D stickers and added the ribbon.

I didn't want to add any embellishments as I think the droplets are too beautiful to cover up any more.

Until next time, take care.

Frédérique xxx


Saturday, August 16, 2014

A twist on the Tim Holtz tag from July

Hello there,

Thank you for stepping by.
A while ago I joined the monthly tag challenge that Tim does for the 12 tags of 2014. It was the July tag and it involved making sand, a seahorse and sea scape. The one with the acetate backing is the one I made for that challenge. The other one, with the smaller seahorse and red coral, is a tag I made today using my new DesignsbyRyn stamps. I am totally and madly in love with all the bubbles and water droplet stamps.

The tag is coloured with distress stains and the sand is made with distress embossingpowder, distress glitter and glue. I stamped the coral in red and the seahorse in dark blue. I coloured it with distress ink and then with a wink of stella clear pen to give it some sparkle. I stamped the bubbles in tumbled glass distress ink and heat embossed it with holographic embossing powder. Then I coloured the bubbles with tumbled glass distress ink and a waterbrush. Then I highlighted the bubbles with a white gel pen. Add a piece of hemp string and voilà...

The Tim tag is made with the same sand and background. I drew a seahorse as I don't have the die cut and didn't have the stamp yet lol. The rest are all die cuts too. The backgeound is a piece of acetate that I embossed with my cuttlebug. A word band was added and a piece of string and it was done.

It is so easy once you know how it is done ;-)

Until next time, take care...

Frédérique
Xxx


Alcohol ink backgrounds

Hello dear visitor,

I had a play with alcohol inks again. I love making backgrounds with them. Either in blots, streaks or tartans. In this post I share a card made with streaks and one with a tartan background.
The streak one is very easy to do. I put some alcohol ink on my blending tool and drag it from one side to another to create the streaky effect. After it is dry I stamped the corals on the card using black Archival ink. I let it dry and then stamped the fish silhouettes. Those stamps are all by Designs by Ryn. I love her stamps. They make it so easy to create something nice. Mount it on a card and it is done.

The tartan card is made the same as the streaky one, only I always make sure I put contrasting colours next to eachother. I drag the tool from one side to the other and then rotate the card 90° and drag it again over the paper, this will create the tartan pattern. After it dried I stamped the lady silhouette and let that dry. I mounted it on a card blank after I chomped the corners. Same as the streaky card.

It is really simple to do, yet it looks quite nice I think.

Until next time, take care.

Frédérique xxx


Friday, August 8, 2014

Yellow challenge

Hello there,

Last week a friend of mine and I challenged eachother to create a  project using only the colour yellow. Gold was also allowed. The sentiment could be stamped in another colour. This is what I came up with. I rediscovered alcohol inks last week and just had to have a go with this one. The background is made by using various shades of yellow and gold alcohol inks and dabbing them on glossy card stock. The flower I made with corrugated card board circles I cut in various sizes and glued together to create a bit of a dome. With a punch I punched tiny flowers out of yellow card stock. With my paper blossom tools I shaped the petals and glued them to the dome and made hearts with liguid pearls. It was not quite the look I hoped, but I am awaiting my proper hydrangea punch to arrive. I made a bow out of gold ribbon and glued it to the card. Then stamped the sentiment and glued the flower in place. And chomped the corners with a ceopadile corner chomper. I mounted it all to a card black that is yellowish faux leather. I hope you like it AnnaMarie ;-)

Until next time,

Take care and keep your craft on!

Frédérique