Friday, September 12, 2014

Card for 1st wedding anniversary

Hello dear reader,

Today I want to share a card I made that was ordered by my mum. It is for a first wedding anniversary. I went for the shabby chic-ish look.

I started out with a card blank and stamped some script on it in brown ink. Archival coffee to be exact. I then added some shabby blue Frantage embossing enamel and heated it to give it the desired look. I am totally in love with those embossing enamels at the moment.

I cut a piece of thinner card stock and stamped the same script on it as the card blank has, only this time in iced spruce distress ink. I distressed the edges nd also added some frantage powder but this time I went for the shabby white.
I glued the card stock on the card blank and started on my embellishments. I painted a few 1s ith shabby shutters distress crackle paint and once they dried I aged them with gathered twigs distress ink.

I glued a scrap of hand bobbed lace (courtesy of my mum) on it and one of the 1s, and I added two white clay roses that I stained with diluted tattered rose distress reinker. The little bird is also white clay and I coloured it with some clear wink of Stella to give it some shimmer. I painted a piece of harlequin embossed grunge board with pewyer liquid pearl and covered it with glue and sprinkled mica flakes on it and glued the roman number 1 on it.

And last but not least the rest of the ones form a little flock together. It has the seal of my mum's approval so I hope the newlyweds like it too.

Until next time,
take care.

Frédérique
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant xx thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erg leuk gedaan weer!

    Groetjes,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this Frederique, very artistic. I too love the Frantage embossing powders, they give a fabulous effect. Hope you are well.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jennifer for your kind words. I just recently discovered these enamels and am in love hahaha. We are all well thank you. I hope life treats you right also. Huggles from Holland xxx

    ReplyDelete