Saturday, April 9, 2016

Lucky clovers

The other day a friend of mine sent me a picture of a page of the cardmaking magazine. It featured Tracy Evans, who made a trifold out of three tags. It had a lucky clover theme. She thought I would like it as it involved tags and she was right!

As the friend in question could use some luck, I decided to make a similar trifold, but with my own spin...

I started out with three manila tags and covered them with Gesso. After they dried I stamped some script on them in brown and some chipped paint effect in a soft mint green. Then I took my Tim Holtz heart stencil and used two greens to stencil the hearts.

I stamped the sentiments and decided to add some dimension and stamped a label and a sentiment on a piece of white card stock. I cut the label out and mounted it on the tag with some dimensional foam.

Then I die cut some hearts and inked them green. I dabbed them with embossing ink and dipped them in shabby hunter green frantage embossing powder. I really like chucky and multy coloured embossing enamels.

After they all.cooled I folded the "petals" in half and mounted them on the tags with my hot glue gun. I added some gems to the hearts to add some interest.

With a black gelli roll pen and a ruler I added some stripes here and there and inked the edges of the tags.

I stained some crinkle ribbon and added fluffy bows to the tags and taped them together with washi tape on the back.

And my trifold card is done!

Thank you for stopping by.
Maybe until next time :-)

Take care,
Freddie
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment