Friday, June 17, 2016

A simple stamped tag

My mojo has been missing a bit lately and crafting was put on low as my crafty mind was a bit blocked.
Today however it came together again. I fancied making a simple layered stamped tag.

I started with a plain manila tag and stamped the crackle on it with old paper distress ink. After that dried I stamped the handmade part with frayed burlap distress ink.
I stuck the floral stamp to my block and coloured it in with my red and green distress markers. If you use various colours of the same family, you get that vintage look, love it!
Befor stamping I huffed on the stamp to moisten it with my breath, and stamped the image on top of all the others. Then spritzed it with a mini mister to make it bleed a tiny bit, to get that real oldish look. I dried it with my heat tool to prevent too much bleeding.

After looking at it, it was missing something. So I coloured in the Handmade stamp with markers and a water brush. I stained a piece of crinkle ribbon with the spiced marmelade and mustard seed distress ink to match it with the handmade stamp. The edge of the tag is inked with my trusted walnut stain ink and tied the ribbon.

I think this is one of my favourite tags I ever stamped....

Thank you for stepping by.
Until next time, take care.

Freddie
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment